Monday, July 11, 2011

There is Good News and Bad News

Okay, the good news first . . .
I am having the letters professionally scanned. They will be much easier for me to download to my blog and easier for you to read.

Now for the bad news . . .
I won't get the letters back until next week.

Until then . . .
My grandma told me many stories, but it wasn't until the last couple of years that I realized what a treasure these stories were and started to write them down. Read about my grandma's childhood in "Stories of Old".

3 comments:

  1. Yes and as one of your friends said, I too am hooked on the story!! My grandma always told the best stories too and I wish I would have written them down!! Or she would have written more down!! She was really into our family history and genealogy so she gave us all a photo album of her finds and occasionally there was a little story with each picture! I should have paid more attention tho and wrote them down when she talked about different things!! There are many photos we found but dont have a story to go with em!! Guess I better get started on my photo albums and attach the story that goes along with them before I forget!! Blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! Still think you could get and should get it all published!! I felt like was reading a splendid love novel, you could compile all the memories n stories in there too!! What a treasure......think you have a gift to become an author...and I could say I personally know her before she was famous!!! :D blessings, love and laughter

    PS Did I tell you I read it all?? EVERYTHING!! Well everything youve posted soooooooooo far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!! I consider myself so blessed to have taken an interest in all the story telling at a young age. I am 27 and I began recording these stories in my handy yellow note pad when I was about 22. I have SOME letters from the good ol days, nothing like this!!! I must say it again, AMAZING! I do the genealogy thing, and my home is filled with treasures. I just can't wait to read more! So glad I stumbled upon you!

    ReplyDelete